I’m back with another haiku … still trying out new forms and working them till I’m comfortable with them. This one came from a friend’s conversation, where she likened love to a butterfly that alights on your shoulder – so delicate, but so close you can see it’s intricacies. So, this is inspired by and dedicated to my beautiful friend Itrina….
Butterfly sets down
Flower in full bloom opens
Sipping nectar now.
- How to Write Haiku: In a Nutshell (writingtipsforbetterwriting.wordpress.com)
- Two Forms: Inspired (poetwhispers.wordpress.com)
- What is a Haiku? (swedishmaggie.wordpress.com)
- Wilt (poetwhispers.wordpress.com)
- What does a good Haiku have (wiki.answers.com)