UPDATE – This has been sitting in my Drafts folder for a LONG time …. I just haven’t had the time to finish my list. I’ve been nominated for more awards since I started, so I’m going to update this now and get it over with LOL Thank you so much to every single one of you who have passed through my blog space and for all the awards.
I’ve been nominated yet again for a couple blog awards – I want to thank myraysoflight for the Kreativ Blogger Award, T.K. Toppin for re-nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award, and Rebecca Dawn for re-nominating me for both! I have also been re-awarded the Liebster Blog Award by my awesome friend Raivenne … Love you all!
I’m so grateful for all of the readers and commenters who pass through to read my words, and know that this is only the beginning!
Now, the first two awards have the same criteria, and this is a little about the Liebster award:
In accepting this award, the recipient agrees to:
1. Show thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people in the Blogsphere.
5. And, lastly – have fun and spread the karma!
So…. you’re gonna get double for your buck – 14 random things about me (le gasp!) and *gulp* 30 nominees…. (Yes I’m cheating and not adding five extra people, but that’s mainly because the five are wrapped up in the thirty anyhow….)
Ok here goes nothing …Oh God….
- I’m an IT professional and love technology – but I hate changing cell phones. Phones are the only piece of technology that I have a ‘it works so why change it’ mentality to – but would change out video cards, memory and other pieces of tech in a heartbeat.
- Writing a computer program hits the same creative place in my soul that writing a poem does.
- Although the above is true, when I hit a snag, I talk out loud to the computer and the source code, “You want to piss me off today? You better work!”
- I rather manual cars over automatic cars, but have been driving an automatic for years now. Automatics feel like all I’m doing is steering … I’m afraid I’ll fall asleep!
- Whenever I fly, I want a window seat. I LOVE looking out and seeing the clouds pass by.
- I’ve never gone on a cruise but I want to. My parents went to one and enjoyed it immensely.
- If I went to one I might not be able to fit down the gangplank I might eat too much…
- I’m on a personal mission to find the best blended fruit punch in the island – I usually have one at every new restaurant I go to.
- That mission may be changed to daiquiris instead … I’m having more of them these days.
- Because of a crisis of faith, I have not been blogging in my other blog for a while, but you can read it at http://bajanpoet.wordpress.com and check out the archives if you’re interested. I’ll probably get back to it someday…
- I like video games, but I feel like they make me think too hard. I don’t want to think after I leave work. Thinking is overrated.
- I like to cook. I need to practice more.
- I carry my Kindle everywhere I go. This isn’t always a good thing as I’m absentminded and keep leaving it around – have to rush back and pick it up again to make sure it’s not stolen. At least it looks like a leather bound book rather than an electronic device. Thank God for covers!
- I want to pick up a sport – I loved archery when I tried it. “Bajan Robin Hood steals from the Central Bank and deposits cash in the hands of passers-by…” wait, did I say that out loud? Shoot! My plan’s been foiled! Maybe why I like hunter green so much!
My GOD I didn’t think I could do that… but now the hardest part – choosing 30 blogs ….. aaaaah! Well since I have to select so many blogs, not all of them will be poetry blogs 🙂 I mean, there’s nothing saying that they had to be, right?
- One of my first ever blogging friends, whose site is a community all by itself – http://mandythompson.com/
- Yet another blogging friend whose site is a comfort and a joy – http://www.taminprogress.com/
- Alece’s blog is authentic, that quality draws you in – http://gritandglory.com/
- Sara Frankl – who has passed on, but her blog is still an encouragement in trial! – http://gitzengirl.blogspot.com/
- Lisa – http://shoesforanimaginarylife.com/ -Interesting, personal posts
- Kimolisa’s posts are really fun – http://asilomik.blogspot.com/
- Kimolisa’s poetry blog – http://kimolisa.blogspot.com/
- Prudence –http://www.prudychick.com
- Jenni – http://www.jenniclayville.com/
- Tashtoo – http://www.tashtoo.com/ – Awesome poetry, or as she would say, “word weaving” 😀
- Brian Miller – http://www.waystationone.com/ – Always a great support and awesome writer
- Fireblossom – http://fireblossom-wordgarden.blogspot.com/ – Fire. Blossom. Beauty. Passion. Need I say more?
- Sheila Moore – http://shewriting.blogspot.com She’s writing, and I’m reading. Loving it!
- Fayola – http://waxedpoetic.blogspot.com/ – a new friend, but LOVE her poems
- Laurie Kolp – http://lkkolp.wordpress.com – Beautiful lady with awe-inspiring verses
- PoemBlaze – http://poemblaze.wordpress.com – Love his words
- C. Rose – http://theworldpoetized.com – Rosie’s poems are always so good… and she’s cute too…
- Nailah Imoja – http://caribbeanpassion.wordpress.com/ – One of my early inspirations
- Raivenne – http://raivenne.wordpress.com I love this girl… we think a lot alike!
- Aaron Kent – http://twoinformalfeet.blogspot.com – One badass poet
- Tameka Jarvis-George –http://bak2moi.wordpress.com – She writes soooo well…
- Dark Angel – http://darkangelwrites.wordpress.com I love her poetry!
- The Naughty Poet – http://thenaughtypoet.wordpress.com/ Deep poetry
- Kellie Elmore – http://kellieelmore.com/ I love Kellie’s personality!
- Nekisha C. D. Lewis – http://nekisha.blogspot.com/ She doesn’t write much but when she does – WOW!
- Linisa George – http://blackgirlinthering.blogspot.com – Extremely good articles
- Matt P. McMurphy –http://mattpmcmurphy.blogspot.com/ – one of my favourite erotic bloggers
- Rebecca Dawn – http://seriouslyrebecca.wordpress.com/ I love the peeks into this girl’s mind on her blog 🙂
- Mikael – http://mikshorty.com/ Just met her but I love her blog’s personality already
- Dorianna – http://doriannasbedchamber.com/ – Oh God….. *enough said*
- @ErogenousMind – http://bittersweetverse.wordpress.com/ / http://madamesweetcheeks.blogspot.com/ – God I love her words…. when I first went to Madame Sweet Cheeks I couldn’t stop commenting…
So there you have it…. I could go on and on…. I have met so many wonderful friends on the blogosphere. I really didn’t think I could come up with 30 blogs, but I out did myself! Please check out all these wonderful blogs 🙂